Guitars,guitaring and the importance of theory
So get this, the shred boy himself, Clements, thinks I can play. Talk about complimesnts. Coming from him, thats like.. umm..uh.. lets put it this way, Clement is good. Clement is VERY good. He does 6 string sweeps. I gots proof even. And he shreds like a motherfucker. Clement is scary.
Right, so Clement says I can play and he PRAISED MY HARMONICS!!!!! Like WOW! I've always stressed on my harmonics, like for the past 5 years or so, I've always used harmonics, especially my pinch harmonics. No one taught me how to play those squeals, I picked 'em up myself.. and I earned a compliment!
*WHEEE*
Right, so we jammed at this studio in Uptown, Damansara ; called Akarkarya. Apparently, it's owned by Sheila Majid herself. I expected it to be posh and all, but nothing prepared me for the inside. It was CLEAN. Perfectly, spotlessly CLEAN. Wooden panelling on the floor, sound buffer materials on the wall, double layered glass facing the control room and real expensive amps.
I used an MG100DFX *grin*
Also, suddenly, I've lost the need for a tube amp. I want pure , hard, digitally manufactured sound. Scooped mids, high gain, heavy on the bass and high on the treble. I've realized my riffs need a kind of... heaviness..akin to what most nu-metallers use. Don't get me wrong, I don't like nu-metal, i just like the sound..and that's it... moving on now.
Had a good long lecture about theory today, from clement :
Clement is also a GREAT guy. He made us lunch! HAHAHA ! Clement, you are a GOOD CHRISTIAN! Praise GOd!
Also, I showed Ed Teko's " Cloth Time" and he was stupefied. HEHEHE! CLOTH TIME RULES!!!
Oh, yeah. Go here. http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag.php . New Dime Gutars!
ALL GO DONATE TO SAL! NOW!
Below are Clement's guitars .
Good point. This guy might regret though
Right, so Clement says I can play and he PRAISED MY HARMONICS!!!!! Like WOW! I've always stressed on my harmonics, like for the past 5 years or so, I've always used harmonics, especially my pinch harmonics. No one taught me how to play those squeals, I picked 'em up myself.. and I earned a compliment!
*WHEEE*
Right, so we jammed at this studio in Uptown, Damansara ; called Akarkarya. Apparently, it's owned by Sheila Majid herself. I expected it to be posh and all, but nothing prepared me for the inside. It was CLEAN. Perfectly, spotlessly CLEAN. Wooden panelling on the floor, sound buffer materials on the wall, double layered glass facing the control room and real expensive amps.
I used an MG100DFX *grin*
Also, suddenly, I've lost the need for a tube amp. I want pure , hard, digitally manufactured sound. Scooped mids, high gain, heavy on the bass and high on the treble. I've realized my riffs need a kind of... heaviness..akin to what most nu-metallers use. Don't get me wrong, I don't like nu-metal, i just like the sound..and that's it... moving on now.
Had a good long lecture about theory today, from clement :
Guitar Theory 101 - Professor Clement
*snicker* Yeah well, i don;t know how to explain it, but, I think I'm close to understanding modes now. No more Major = Happy , Minor = Sad. Lots more, lots more. Funny thing, this music theory.. oh well.
Clement is also a GREAT guy. He made us lunch! HAHAHA ! Clement, you are a GOOD CHRISTIAN! Praise GOd!
Also, I showed Ed Teko's " Cloth Time" and he was stupefied. HEHEHE! CLOTH TIME RULES!!!
Oh, yeah. Go here. http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag.php . New Dime Gutars!
ALL GO DONATE TO SAL! NOW!
Below are Clement's guitars .
Good point. This guy might regret though
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home